My Mummy's World : Pinspired DIY Party Decor #cbias

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Pinspired DIY Party Decor #cbias

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® All Opinions are my own. #cbias
 
I am a big fan of Pinterest and even more so now we are planning our wedding. Before wedding planning I spent hours finding activities to do with Jack, and inspiration for craft ideas. You can only imagine I am much worse now.
 
So I was recently given the challenge to create something that pinspired me, there are so many items to choose from I decided to opt for something useful. Again, a lot of choices so I opted for party d├ęcor. It's wedding related but I decided I wanted PomPoms and Bunting along the trees when we marry so thought this was the perfect time to practice.
 
 
I searched Pinterest for a variety of choices and finally found a tutorial for making Pom Poms, and bunting was pretty much straight forward. I then wrote down everything I needed to purchase and headed to my local HobbyCraft store, one of my favourite stores. I managed to find everything I needed within HobbyCraft which was even better as it didn't involve a trip to any other stores. You can find images of our shop here.
 
Firstly I set about making the Pom Poms, the most difficult, to me, of both of the projects I set for myself. To make these I needed tissue paper, twine, scissors and invisible thread.
 
 
In a nutshell, I simply had to concertina fold the tissue paper, tie the middle and then open up the folds, sounds very simple however making the flower effect was a lot more difficult. I still haven't mastered this part, but think for my first attempt they actually look quite good.
 
 
 
 
Next was to make the bunting, I left the easy part until last, well easy for me. For this I needed material, bias binding, thread, scissors and a sewing machine.
 
 
Again, in a nutshell I simply had to cut out a bunting triangular shape from the material, I chose two material styles and used pinking shears giving them a zigzag edge. I then attached them to a red spotty bias used my sewing machine leaving some bias loose at the edges to attach the bunting. Again, for my first attempt and off the top of my head for the pattern I think I did a really good job.
 
 
 
 
You can find images from our HobbyCraft shop in the Google+ Album Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus